Friday 4 January 2013

I'm an idiot.

It's been an incredibly stressful week and I was feeling horrible all day yesterday. I decided to have a drink, just to chill out before I went to bed. I've been trying to only drink with friends and control it to one or two beers which has been working for maybe a month now. Next thing I know, I've driven to the bottle-o to get more wine and called the ex. Long story short and a lot more booze (and obviously what followed), I'm feeling down today for making such a stupid decision.

The is the same ex that hit me on a few occasions and controlled  and manipulated me. I've finally understood that I don't miss him, but I miss the close connection with someone. We only spoke french as he didn't speak english, and it made us even more co-dependent. I'm in a really messed up place in my life, and when someone comes along telling you he loves you and wants to support you, it's so hard not to believe his lies.

I just feel like an idiot and even more alone now that I made him leave this morning. I just scared I'll never find someone that will accept all my problems. I've been looking for a relationship for almost a year, and I just feel like someone will never love me in the (messed up) way my ex loved me. I'm just grateful that someone loves me when I don't feel like anyone ever will. 

2 comments:

  1. I think that everyone wants someone who understands. It's hard to see the end of the tunnel with so many things blocking your way, but you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I think because I don't love myself, I need someone to love me and understand me. I don't want to live my life looking for this person though! :(

    ReplyDelete