Sunday 8 December 2013

Getting back into Blogging..

Hi All,

I don't even know if anyone is reading my blog still, but I've decided to try again and keep writing. I've had a massive year, including horrible housemates, lows, highs and my biggest achievement yet of graduating from university with 2 degrees. I'm now working full time and not loving it.

I attended CBT and the domestic violence groups which helped me a lot. I found the CBT very useful in analysing my thoughts and trying to see what was rational and what my depression was telling me. I made some really good friends from the domestic violence group and my self esteem has (slightly..) increased as I now know what I am worth.

My medication was radically changed and now I'm on 60mg of lexapro, 200mg pristiq and 10mg of neulactil. There were some days when I was amazed how well I felt, but unfortunately that has worn off. I feel stable, not LOVING life but I feel like I can cope. I still need to lose weight and quit drinking but I'm doing okay for the moment.

I still don't have a whole lot of friends and I'm struggling to figure out what this whole "life" thing is about. I really want to help others with depression or make new friends so if anyone reading this wants to chat then send me your facebook or something and we can talk. My depression has gotten a LOT better since the change of medication and I'm happy to talk about any experiences of meds, hospitals, cutting, drinking whatever, if you're looking for someone who has been through it all before.

Peace out x

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. How are you doing? New reader here. Congrats on graduating and hope to read more posts from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, another reader here. Thank you for taking the time to put your feelings out there. I can totally relate. I just turned 50 (am I really that old????) and have had depression most of my life. I've tried doing a blog. It's turned into an online diary that no one reads! Hah! Oh well. If you want to chat, let me know. I'm lafuzzysox@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete